Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeee :D


It's been a crazy ride sense my last post. I've been MIA on the updates lately, including on youtube. My last youtube video was 4 months ago which I WISH wasn't so long ago, but I've been transitioning my life from one state to another. August 18th I hopped on a plane 2 California with 2 hot pink suitcases, a large purse, a carry on, and an extra trian case of makeup... They tried to make me get rid of it at every stop but you KNOW how a girl feels about her M.A.C.. It was the hardest thing I've done in a while, because all of I've known for the past 4 years is Michigan State University and my life there. I never had to worry about where I'd be the following year or what'd I'd be doing. The plan was to get my degree, but now nothing's the same.

I'm now located in sunny Southern California trying to live out my dreams. The move is not exactly permanant as of yet. I'm working with the Disney Company for about 5 months and I haven't exactly decided where I want to go with it. It's the struggle that every artist has between their corporate lifestyle and their entertainment career. Someone once told me that my future is already written for me, and I shouldn't try so hard to make plans for it. Everything will fall into place, and that is exactly what I'm doing, with a little extra effort.

September 22nd was my birthday and I spent it in Hollywood doing a lot of touristy things of course :D. Visiting Hollywood, eating at a local diner, cruising around L.A. area. One of my new roommates even baked me a cake which was more than I expected out of people I've know all of a month or so, but I've already gained a lot of valuable insight and new connections out here. Before I left I only asked for 1 thing on my birthday, and that was support. I can't thank you all enough for the support I recieved on my birthday! In a 24 hour period, the youtube video for my single "DrumRoll" recieved 108 shares on facebook walls, and the number still keeps growing!

I think the hardest part about this move has been leaving everyone, but I haven't left them behind. MSU was a chapter in my life and I still love and will stay connected to PLENTY of people I've met during my years. I bleed green and white until the day I die. My friends are doing their own things in other cities also reaching for the stars and I couldn't be more proud. We're all supporting each other along the way, and I promise, if one of us makes it, we all will make it. I think this is the time you all will really see me expand, and go after exactly what I know I was made for.

"Desire is the key to motivation, but it is determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal, a committment to excellence, that will enable you to attain the success you seek."

-Kristen Nichole

1 comment:

  1. You are an awesome blessing from God. Stay focus and continue to live life. Your angels are with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete